|Project Name:||AUN Kyoto University Student Mobility Programme towards “ Human Security Development” (5 years project: 2013-2017)|
|Partner:||Kyoto University under Re-inventing Japan Project supported by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)|
- To promote Human Security Development by providing the common subject on HSD and special subjects including those of Energy & Environment, Foods & Water resources, and Public Health, (1) Double degree (2 years), (2) Double Major Double Degrees (3 years), and (3) Single degree with Joint Supervision (2 years) for master students, and the summer school programme for undergraduate students.
- To develop a curriculum on HSD in cooperation with all participating universities to reflect the various ASEAN situations and requirements.
- To set a standard model for mutual exchange programmes in Asia and establish cooperation among universities through the multi-layered programme.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Kyoto University in collaboration with the AUN Secretariat and AUN Member Universities agreed on the collaboration on AUN-Kyoto University Student Mobility Programme towards "Human Security Development (HSD) project. The five-year project (2013-2017) is funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
Human Security Development has been one of the emerging fields of study. It requires collaboration as issues of water, food, environmental security and public health do not only concern a single country but the rest of the international communities, thus efforts that will provide solution to these issues have to be collaborative as well. Education is an important tool as it creates experts in this field. In line with this, Kyoto University and five AUN member universities including Institut Teknologi Bandung, Universitas Gadjah Mada, Universiti Malaya, National University of Singapore and Chulalongkorn University are committing their expertise to develop the Student Mobility Programme towards Human Security Development through (1) Double Degree Programme, (2) Summer School Programme and (3) Development of the HSD curriculum with a credit transfer system between AUN-KU
To publicize and discuss the concept of this innovative new programme, the inaugural meeting for the AUN-Kyoto Student Mobility Programme toward Human Security Development was held on 22 January 2013 at Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Master degree programme
A 2-week short course programmes for undergraduate students (AUN:20, KU:20) to study basic concept of HSD are planned both in AUN Universities (ASEAN) and Kyoto University (Japan). The programme includes field trip and cultural study.
Development of the HSD curriculum with a credit transfer system between AUN-KU
A short-term lecture course will be opened in all participant universities with credit transfer through ACTS for master students. The curriculum will be developed by the Cooperative Education Committee whose member consists of lecturers from all participant universities who are interested in the programme.
AUN KU Seminar on HSD
The AUN-KU Seminar on Human Security Development and Energy Science aims to provide an opportunity for undergraduate students in all AUN member universities to study the concept of Human Security Development.
The Seminar will be tentatively organized on 13-25 January 2014 at Kyoto University, Japan. Applicants are required to submit the application package to email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +66 2 2158808 by 15 September 2013.
Attached herewith are the following documents:
1. Call for applicants flier
2. Seminar application guideline
3. Application form (Form1)
4. Statement of purpose (Form2) :
- email: email@example.com
- phone: +66 2 2153640 ext. 102