ASEAN University Network – University Innovation and Enterprise, known also as AUN-UIE, is a thematic network with the aim to enhance and leverage the innovative capacity of universities in the ASEAN region by offering them a common platform for research, academic cooperation and a cross-regional, multisectoral network-connection.
AUN-UIE is hosted by Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
AUN-UIE’s goal is to equip current students and future generations across the ASEAN region with competency in technological skills and innovative thinking. This is to prepare them for a new society which looks forward to the future.
Prioritizing complex challenges posed by Industry 4.0, AUN-UIE focuses on promoting collaborations in the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship Education
- University-Industry Cooperation
- Community Development
AUN-UIE organizes several activities and events over the years to promote innovative capacity among students and universities across the region.
- Engaging our Future! —Innovation Challenge for Sustainable Society was a global engagement program organized in the form of social innovation competition that encouraged university students from around the globe to work together as a team towards Sustainable Development Goals.
- ASEAN University Startup Summer Bootcamp and Startup League is a project organized by AUN-UIE and Chulalongkorn University, Thailand, that brings together a group of creative and passionate undergraduates from all over the ASEAN region to participate in 3-week free intensive training workshop in startups and entrepreneurship for new generations. There are 50 participants from different countries join in this program. They formed the team up into ten teams. Each team prepared their startup ideas and present in the final pitch day. ASEAN University Startup League is a project held after
- ASEAN University Startup Summer Bootcamp. Ten teams would have a chance to present their startup ideas and have exclusive comments and feedbacks from mentors and commentators. Each team would have 5-7 minutes to pitch their works. After every team has presented their ideas, the commentators will select three teams who had a good performance and their ideas had a high chance to develop into the real business. Innovation and Entrepreneurship Winter Bootcamp, this program is open for all university students in Thailand and ASEAN region, with the drive to become entrepreneurs and create their own startup business. Learning through the workshop program with business leader speakers, participants will gain knowledge and experience from team-building workshops and hands-on fieldwork.
- For qualified participants, there are scholarships available and will cover a number of expenses incurred during the program, including tuition fee, facilities usage, food, and transportation for technical visits. Air fare, local transportation and accommodation fees are excluded. In this current program, there were 50 participants. Each of them would build a team during the program.
Despite the disruption posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, UIE continues in its mission to promote innovative capacity in higher education across the ASEAN region.
For contact information, please see the list below:
In the next article, we will take a look at AUN-EEC, a sub-thematic network dedicated to promoting conservation and preservation of the environment through ecological education amidst the challenges of social change and economic growth.